1. U7s on the BBQ this week. Thank you.
2. Clean Up Australia is being held on Sunday March 6. If we could have as many Nippers and families as possible to bring some gloves and come and help us pick up rubbish on the dunes at our beach, Towradgi Park and around the clubhouse please. We are hoping to start at 9am and using the first 1/2 hour of Nippers to help this worthy cause. It’s a fantastic way to show kids how to have pride in, respect for and show a commitment to the environment we live in. Bags will be available on the day.
3. An Officials Course is being run shortly. It’s a quick course and a very helpful one. Being an Official enables you to help with the proficiencies and floats at the beginning of the season, helping out at carnivals, both Senior and Junior, and get free morning tea and lunches at carnivals. If you have kids entering the carnivals it’s important for you to consider this as we can only take 7 Nippers per official to a carnival. Next year there will be 2 Officials left and I can not make it to Sydney Water Carnivals so only 5 kids will be able to enter Sydney Water Carnivals next year. The more Officials we have the less we will have to all do on the beach. It’s not hard and it always feels good to be a part of the carnivals. Please see me on Sunday if you are interested in putting your name down for this. Dates will be given later once we have numbers, but it will be run after our season has finished. The club pays for you to do this course.
4. Anyone with a perpetual trophy, please keep bringing them back in.
5. A couple of dates to put in our diaries. Last Nippers will be a twilight Nippers and BYO sippers 3pm Saturday 12th March. After an afternoon Nippers session, we will have a BBQ and a picnic on the grass area outside surf club. BYO picnic rugs, nibblies and drinks. Presentation Day will Sunday March 20th. The AGM will be 10am and main Presentation 11.30am at the Corrimal Leagues Club.
6. We are still looking for anyone interested in helping us out next season with the following positions:
- BBQ Coordinator
- Fundraising Coordinator
- U9s Age Manager (for the group that were U8s this season)
If you think you can help out in any of these vital roles, please see Lisa.
Looking forward to seeing everyone at the beach this weekend.