Hi there Nippers & families,
1. U12/13/14s on the BBQ this week. Thank you.
2. Clean up Australia is this Sunday March 6. If we could have as many Nippers and families as possible to bring some gloves and come and help us pick up rubbish on the dunes at our beach, Towradgi Park and around the clubhouse, please. We are hoping to start at 9am and use the first 1/2 hour of Nippers to help this worthy cause. It’s a fantastic way to show kids how to have pride in, respect for and show a commitment to the environment we live in. Bags will be available on the day.
3. An Officials Course is being run shortly. Being an Official enables you to help with the proficiencies and floats at the beginning of the season, helping out at carnivals and getting free morning tea and lunches at carnivals. The more Officials we have the less we will have to all do on the beach. It’s not hard and it always feels good to be a part of the carnivals. Please see me on Sunday if you are interested in putting your name down for this. Dates will be given later once we have numbers, but it will be run after our season has finished. The club pays for this.
4. Last Nippers will be a Twilight Nippers and BYO Sippers and nibblies 3pm Saturday 12th March. After an afternoon Nippers session, we will have a BBQ and a picnic on the grass area outside surf club. BYO picnic rugs, nibblies and drinks.
Presentation Day will Sunday March 20th. The AGM will be 10am and main Presentation 11.30am at our Corrimal Surf Club. Please note that the location has changed.
5. We are still looking for anyone interested in helping us out next season with the following positions:
- Uniforms Coordinator
- BBQ Coordinator,
- Fundraising Coordinator
If you think you can help out in any of these vital roles, please see me.
6. Best of luck to our seven Corrimal Nippers competing in the State Champs in Umina. We wish you the best of luck. Go, Corrimal.
Looking forward to seeing everyone at the beach this weekend.